PAASCU’s objectives are as follows:
1. To stimulate and integrate the efforts of institutions to elevate the standards of education in the Philippines
2. To strengthen the capabilities of educational institutions for service to the nation.
3. To identify educational institutions which meet or exceed stated criteria of educational quality.
4. To encourage and assist institutions which have the potential and interest to improve themselves through continuing evaluation and self-surveys.
5. To provide counsel and assistance to established and developing institutions and programs.
6. To provide a basis for institutional relationships, particularly in the transfer of students.
7. To provide guidance to students and parents in the choice of institutions and programs.
8. To attract financial aid from government and other sources for accredited programs and schools applying for accreditation.
9. To assist schools in their quest for regional and international recognition of their academic programs.
10. To network with national and international organization involved in quality assurance.