PAASCU is the leading, independent, professional association in the Philippines and beyond that fosters quality education through voluntary accreditation. It is a leading advocate for quality assurance in the ASEAN.
PAASCU is a private, non-profit and non-stock corporation that serves its member institutions and advocates quality education through voluntary accreditation. It is committed to:
- Promote member institutions’ implementation of their vision, mission, and goals, achievement of minimum standards and evidenced excellence based on learning outcomes, and responsiveness to stakeholders.
- Use a developmental approach to support, empower, and sustain the continuous improvement and innovation initiatives of its member institutions through self-assessment and site visits of member schools, training, research, consultancy services and collaborative undertakings with local and international partners.
- Serve the national and global communities through its pursuit of a culture of excellence in education.
- Quality – The pursuit of quality education drives the vision-mission, objectives and all the undertakings of the association. The pursuit of quality is a continuing and cyclical process.
- Leadership – Initiatives are undertaken to ensure the relevance of standards, appropriateness of accreditation practices and innovativeness.
- Integrity – Decisions and undertakings are based on facts, fairness and impartiality. PAASCU has clear policies on confidentiality and conflicts of interest.
- Compassion – PAASCU is rigorous and objective, developmental and compassionate.
- Transparency – The processes, internal and external, are transparent, and the accreditation status is clear and is duly communicated to stakeholders.
- Accountability – PAASCU takes responsibility for judgments and decisions made.
- Flexibility – Changes and modifications are considered in the development of standards and instruments in the practice of accreditation.
- Community – PAASCU, its member institutions and their stakeholders, espouse and foster a collegial environment through collaboration and networking.