PAASCU is the leading independent professional association in the Philippines and beyond, fostering quality education through voluntary accreditation. It is a leading advocate for quality assurance in ASEAN.
PAASCU is a private, non-profit, and non-stock corporation that serves its member institutions and advocates quality education through voluntary accreditation. It is committed to the following:
- Promote member institutions’ implementation of their vision, mission, and goals, achievement of minimum standards and evidenced excellence based on learning outcomes, and responsiveness to stakeholders.
- Use a developmental approach to support, empower, and sustain its member institutions’ continuous improvement and innovation initiatives through self-assessment and site visits of member schools, training, research, consultancy services, and collaborative undertakings with local and international partners.
- Serve the national and global communities through its pursuit of a culture of excellence in education.
- Quality –Pursuing quality education drives the vision-mission, objectives, and all the undertakings of the association. The pursuit of quality is a continuing and cyclical process.
- Leadership –Initiatives are undertaken to ensure the relevance of standards, appropriateness of accreditation practices, and innovativeness.
- Integrity –Decisions and undertakings are based on facts, fairness, and impartiality. PAASCU has clear policies on confidentiality and conflicts of interest.
- Compassion –PAASCU is rigorous and objective, developmental and compassionate.
- Transparency –The internal and external processes are transparent, and the accreditation status is clear and duly communicated to stakeholders.
- Accountability –PAASCU takes responsibility for judgments and decisions made.
- Flexibility –Changes and modifications are considered in developing standards and instruments in the accreditation practice.
- Community –PAASCU and the member institutions and stakeholders espouse and foster a collegial environment through collaboration and networking.